The Bey Hamamı is located in the center of Thessaloniki, east of the church of Panagia Chalkeon, at the junction of Egnatia, Aristotelous and Metropolitan Gennadius streets. This is a great Ottoman bath, which - as we learn from Arabic inscription - was built in 1444 by Sultan Murad B’. The building, the first of its kind built in the city, just a few years after its conquest by the Turks (1430), was double, which means it was intended for both men and women. It had separate appartments for each sex, with the male part being more spacious, more luxurious and richer decorated than the women’s. In the two sections, there were formed the typical areas of baths (cold, tepid and warm, and hypocausts), while on the eastern side of the building there was attached a large rectangular tank that ensured the provision of water in its inside.
The Bey Hamamı remained in operation until 1968, without changing its use but changing only its name; in recent years, it was called "Paradise Baths." This meant that it was almost kept unchanged from its original form until today. Thus, the monument is one of the few examples of Ottoman baths that are preserved intact nowadays in Greece. The building is now used for cultural events and temporary exhibitions, while in an area of it there are shop houses of the Fund of Archaeological Resources and Receipts.